If you think that changing the decoration of a room is costly, think again.
Follow these simple steps and change the decoration in less than a day.
By painting a room, you can change the
decor and atmosphere instantly and at a very low cost.
First, choose a color.
Color is an important element in our lives.
Our personalities can be reflected in our color choices. We use color to visually communicate, convey emotion, express ideas.
Here are some examples of how our
personalities are expressed through color.
- Pink, emotional in character, connotes a sensitive heart. It represents caring and sharing, and indicates a strong personality.
The concerned and affectionate individual prefers pink. Gently, you offer love, attention and nurturing to those in distress.
- Red symbolizes love, rage and courage. Red is the most dynamic and passionate color. It has great emotional impact. Individuals who select red are aggressive, impulsive and strive for success.
- Orange is the color of autumn. In bright tones, orange is playful and cheerful. In deeper tones, orange is exotic and exciting. Individuals who chose orange have energy, structured and organized.
- Brown represents hearth and home.
Individuals who choose brown are
conscientious, steady and dependable.
- Yellow is the happiest of all colors. It represents warmth, inspiration and vitality.
Yellow means communication,
enlightenment, sunlight and spirituality. Individuals who choose yellow look forward to the future, are idealistic, intellectual and highly imaginative.
- Green is the color of life. Green creates an atmosphere that is calm and restful. Individuals who select green seek stability, balance and persistence.
- Teal indicates stability and resistance to change. Individuals who prefer teal are sensitive, optimistic, trusting, have a high degree of faith and hope, and excellent taste.
- Blue is the color of tranquility, orderly, soothing. Those who prefer blue have a basic need for a calm, harmonious and tension-free existence. They are capable, conservative and sensitive to others.
- Violet is the color of luxury, sensuality, passion and depth of feeling. This color creates an unusual atmosphere and provides an unexpected essence. Those who choose violet are unique, highly sensitive and
observant. They are also creative and
artistically talented and tend to have a complex personality.
- Grey keeps it foreign, remote and distant. Those individuals who prefer this color tend to be careful and articulate, focused and dedicated to their commitments.
- White expresses goodness, purity and
innocence. Provides serenity and the
essence of perfection. Those individuals who choose white seek excellence and enlightenment in all philosophies. Attempt simplicity, purity and recognition.
Warm vs. Cool Colors
Warm colors invite you into the room with a sense of welcome, warmth and intimacy.
Warm colors make a small room seem
smaller and a large room more intimate and cozy.
Cool colors are soothing and tranquil,
harmonious and fresh. They are calm and
soothing serene shades that make a space appear larger, particularly in its tints of light blue. Cool hues are great for rooms that have natural sunlight.
Before buying paint, go to a paint supply or hardware store and ask for paints that people have ordered and then don't like them or for paints that have been prepared by mistake.
You can find a gallon of paint for as low as $5.00. In some instances, you can find free gallons that have been returned by customers who don't ask for a refund and the small paint stores give them away for free.
You can change your curtains for as little as $5.00 each by purchasing bedsheets. For example, when I redecorated my bedroom, I purchased 4 bedsheets for $20. I also purchased curtain hooks and a rod for $10
because I didn't want to sew new curtains.
If you don't want to spend money on a rod, you can purchase a PVC tube, paint it and use it as a curtain rod.
Look throughout your house and choose
tables, lamps, framed pictures, candles and other accessories that you like and put them in that room you are redecorating.
This is a simple and very cost effective
method to change the decor without
spending any money. You'll be amazed at how different the room will look with things you have around your house.
See, you can change the decor for as little as $35.
Paint - $5.00
Curtains - $5 each (The total amount spent will depend on how windows you have)
Curtain rod and hooks - $10
Maria Estarellas is the webmaster for http://www.1mykids.com
"The Complete Website For The Whole Family". Her website
includes parenting tips, crafts, games, school projects and
essays, music downloads, clothing, candles, hobbies for Mom
and Dad, information on how to start your own online
business, beauty tips and more.
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/women.php/24536
|Women >> Top 50 Articles on Women|
|Category - >|