Take a close look at your ecommerce website design. Do you still feature the same products you did for Valentine’s Day? When was the last time you created a new promotion? How long has it been since you’ve posted on your blog? And what about your company’s Facebook and Twitter?
Like many online retailers, it’s likely that you paid far more attention to your ecommerce site in the beginning than you do now. However, keeping your online store fresh and up to date is an important technique to help raise revenue and increase your conversion rate. This is also applicable to your onsite content, products and promotions, as well as your user interface. Failing to rejuvenate your page could cause your customers to search for something fresh elsewhere and cost you valuable business opportunities.
How Can You Keep Your Ecommerce Website Design And Content Fresh?
Ecommerce design specialists at StoreExpress agree that you should keep your online shop fresh and vibrant. These tips listed by e-commerce insiders will help you get on the right track:
1. Perform weekly maintenance. Have someone clean up your site by removing outdated promotions and seasonal products. Make sure all the images of your products are intact. Check customer reviews on your merchandise to make sure all posted products are appropriate. Double-check to make sure you don’t feature products that are already out of stock.
2. Promote new merchandise. Your visitors love new products, so make sure you feature new items and inform your customers about them. Create a special category for new products on your website and be sure to mention new merchandise on your social media sites.
3. Vary promotions. Visitors love the “sale” pages, so keep them interesting by rotating the items that are featured there.
4. Analyse and experiment with navigation. Identifying the usual paths of your users can be extremely useful to find out what people want. If you have areas that you want to direct traffic to, set up an easier path. Moreover, if people do not use a certain link, eliminate it and set up a new one.
5. Change the colour scheme. Many modern ecommerce platforms offer the possibility to change the colours or background. This is an easy way to refresh your website that doesn’t require a lot of investment. You can even try adding seasonal decorations to your website by putting up images related to certain holidays.
6. Stay competitive. You probably have a list of your top competitors. Stay on top of the game by regularly reviewing their online shops. Be aware of their promotions and respond to them by modifying your own features and promotional items.
7. Mind the design trends. World Wide Web is constantly changing, and your online shop needs to keep up. Right now many ecommerce businesses choose a minimalistic approach, white spaces and interactive product banners. For certain industries, videos for products are a must-have. The CSS3 and HTML5 offer endless possibilities, so explore them to stay up to date.
8. Publish fresh content. Update your blog regularly, as well as your posts on other social media platforms. Add new relevant content and monitor the comments and posts made by your customers and prospects. Respond to them promptly.
9. Keep track of your stock inventory. A lot of frustration is caused when items are “out of stock”. Hide any available items to avoid annoyance.
10. Redesign your website completely every few years. Certain industries require more frequent remodelling of their website. A site that appears outdated will fail to leave a positive impression and visitors may instantly leave your store.
Time For An Ecommerce Website Redesign?
If you feel that the time has come to give your ecommerce website a complete redesign, look no further than StoreExpress. With over 15 years of experience designing high conversion ecommerce solutions, we offer you the best ecommerce platform and design.
We will also provide you with guidance from start to finish, and advice on the best practices to help you realise your vision. In addition to website design, we also offer design services for:
• Brochure websites
• Social media pages – Twitter and Facebook
• Mobile Optimised Websites
Want to find out more about website design? Call us now 0845 050 3500 or email email@example.com
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/web_designing.php/441075
Article Added on Tuesday, April 15, 2014
|Web Designing >> Top 50 Articles on Web Designing|
|Category - >|