Page Rank is a value that Google assigns to each and every page in the Internet based on the importance of the page in the Internet. This is on a scale from 0-10, with 10 deemed to be the most important and is determined by the number and the quality of the incoming links and other factors. Generally pages that rank high will tend to appear higher in the search engine results provided they are optimized for the relevant keyword.
Given below are seven top tips that will help you to improve page rank and reap the associated benefits.
1. First and foremost the most important step you should take is to create excellent, unique content for your website. Search engines love quality unique content and if updated regularly they will crawl your site frequently. Your fresh content will entice other websites to link to your site thus giving you precious one way inbound links.
2. Use proper title for your website relevant to the theme of your site. It is important that you use H1 tags for your title. Include two or at least one keyword in the title. This will help the search engines to associate your site with the relevant keyword.
3. Use relevant keywords targeted to the content of you page. The keywords should be distributed evenly right across the content of the page. It will be advantageous to incorporate the keywords in the headings and the sub-headings of the content. Use H2 and H3 tags for the headings and sub-headings. Keywords should be wisely used and should appear to be reasonable and necessary. Excessive use of keywords is known as keyword stuffing and Google considers this as unethical practice
4. The most important player in this exercise to improve page rank is the Inbound link. In fact the success of achieving high Google page rank is largely dependant on the number of inbound links that a page has. Not all links are equal. Links from high PR sites are more valuable than low PR sites but these inbound links should be from relevant sites to have any beneficial effect on your PR. So it stands to reason that you must scout around to secure inbound links from high page rank relevant sites to obtain a high page rank. This has to be an ongoing strategy.
5. Write quality authoritative articles displaying your expertise and submit them to popular high page rank article directories with a link back to your website in the resource box. These articles will be picked up by webmasters and published in their websites thus giving you valuable one-way inbound links.
Google considers these links as popularity votes for your site thus helping you to climb up the page rank ladder.
6. An easy way of improving page rank is to submit your website to the relevant category of high ranking web directories. The more directories you submit your website to, the more back links you will obtain, thereby increasing your opportunity of ranking high in the eyes of Google.
7. Today Social Networking sites and Social Bookmarking sites are playing a vital role in online marketing. They not only drive huge amounts of traffic to your site but also provide valuable back links. Enroll yourself with Twitter, Face book, Delicious, Reddit, StumbleUpon, Digg and other popular Social sites and submit articles on a regular basis.
These top tips will enable you to get more relevant back links, increase link popularity, generate a large volume of targeted traffic and improve pagerank which is your ultimate objective.
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/web_designing.php/365798
Article Added on Saturday, April 7, 2012
|Web Designing >> Top 50 Articles on Web Designing|
|Category - >|