If you are going to Maui, your question will not be of what to do but instead of what to do first? There are so many great sights to see, things to do, places to go and more that you might feel you can never see and do it all in one trip. (Maybe this is why so many people make repeat visits to Maui).
1. Go to a Luau Ė You canít visit Hawaii without seeing a luau and Maui knows how to do them right! Even some of the hotels that you might stay at in Maui have great beachside luaus as well as restaurant and resort package deals. Luaus will feature authentic Hawaiian food such as kalua pig, poin and haupia (coconut pudding) and usually a buffet spread of more familiar foods.
2. Go biking- If you donít mind some physical activity, you should see Maui from a bike. In fact, there are few places in the world that are as bike-friendly as Maui. There are even bicycle tours that let you go from one end of the island to the other. There are downhill bicycle tours and slow-paced tours that let you see the farms and small towns of Upcountry and the beaches down at Paia. There are places all over the island of Maui for you to rent bikes.
3. Fine dining- There are fine places to eat and dine all over Maui. In fact, this island has the best dining in all of Maui. Many fine, experienced chefs from all over the country and even the world have come to Maui to work their magic in the restaurants here on the island. There is literally a restaurant for every taste so whether you like to experiment and try a bit of everything, or whether you are strict in your eating habits, you are sure to find plenty of great places in Maui.
4. Hiking- Another great idea while in Maui is to go hiking. There are fabulous trails that take you literally all over the island. You can even hike in the great craters such as the Haleakala and you can see waterfalls, plunge pools and much more. There is a hiking trail for everyone- no matter what your physical fitness level. Get ready to see Maui by foot!
5. Go for a drive- You would not believe some of the fantastic scenic drives on Maui. The Hana Highway is a 56 mile stretch of 54 bridges over winding lava shore, through old plantation towns, past miles of beaches and through towering forests. You might also want to take a drive to the summit of Haleakala. Haleakala crater appears like the surface of an alien planet and the views of Maui from the summit are amazing.
6. Go for a dive- Maui is the best place to visit the underwater world of Hawaii. There are many different locations for diving and there are two marine conservation areas. Molokini is a partially submerged volcanic crater offshore of Wailea. Both Lahaina and Maíalaea have glass bottom boats and a pleasure submarine to let non-swimmers share in the beauty of underwater Maui as well.
7. Whale watching- You might already know that Maui has many beautiful and amazing sights that you canít see anywhere else in the world. But have you ever been whale watching? From November through April each year, Maui welcomes the humpback whale and you can join in the celebration and catch some whale-watching of your own. The endangered species comes here to Hawaii to mate and itís truly a sight like no other.
8. Shopping- Where would your vacation be without some fabulous shopping? With so many shops and stores to choose from, you simply canít see Mau without leaving with some fantastic souvenirs. There are also many shops in Maui that contain specialty items unique to Hawaii and Maui such as one of a kind jewelry, glass work and more.
9. Sightseeing- You canít visit Maui without enjoying the many great sights there are to see. There are many historic locations such as Lahaina, old Hawaiian churches, the whaling history museums and much more. There is so much to learn about the island and so much to see, you will wonder if you have enough time to do it all!
10. Swimming and Snorkeling- Well of course since you are here at the island, you must go swimming. Even if you are not an avid swimmer, you can take a quick dip and get your body wet. Or you might enjoy snorkeling at one of many great locations. Maui has over 80 beaches and over 120 miles of coast to choose from!
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/travel.php/41367
Article Added on Monday, April 17, 2006
|Travel >> Top 50 Articles on Travel|
|Category - >|