Rhodes is one of the most popular and beautiful islands which possesses some of the most beautiful beaches, incredible historic sites and wonderful accommodations. It can truly be called as paradise in the Dodecanese Islands. This place has some of the most wonderful and lively towns and resorts. It is guaranteed that a person visiting this place will have a terrific time. The best time to come to this place is during the months of May, June and September when it is warm and sunny there. The place is extremely crowded in the month of August. The main mode of transport after reaching the island is local buses. One can reach this place either through charter flights or by ferry. The boats are regularly available from Marmaris and Athens.
Attraction in Rhodes
1. Knight’s Quarter - This is the highlight in the old part of Rhodes Town. This used to be the headquarters if the Knights of St John. There are many museums in this area but the most charming part is to explore the winding passages.
2. The Hora and Jewish Quarter – It was the administrative centre of the Ottomans. The Jewish Quarter section is amongst the quietest parts of this island.
3. The Acropolis of Lindos - One can grab a donkey ride here on the steep climb to the Acropolis. A person can discover the Temple of Athena here.
4. Ialysos – This is an ancient Doric city that was built on one hill and has been invaded several times. This place also has a church.
5. Rhodes Town – café culture exists here with a cosmopolitan air. There are plenty of places for drinking here near the Platonos Square in the old part of the town. More locals can be found in the new part of the town.
6. Flairaki – this place used to attract lager louts but now it is attractive to a wide range of clientele.
7. Lindos Beach – It is one of the most glamorous beaches that one can find here.
Accommodation in Rhodes
There is not much a problem when it comes to accommodation and hotel in Rhodes. There are plenty of good hotels and lounges here for the tourists. Some have a taste of old-fashioned luxury while some have some exquisite modern luxuries to offer. Also, there are plenty of other forms of accommodation like self-catering apartments which are much more basic and cheaper as compared to the hotels.
Other Things to do in Rhodes
1. Light and Sound Show – This is one of the most spectacular shows that one can see across the globe.
2. Cruises and day trips to Halki and Marmaris. These places are very near and will truly enrich the experience of the trip.
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/travel.php/413499
Article Added on Thursday, May 2, 2013
|Travel >> Top 50 Articles on Travel|
|Category - >|