Founded in 1911, Whirlpool was the first commercial manufacturer of motorized washers and currently world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances. The company is headquartered at Benton Harbour, Michigan, USA with a worldwide presence across 170 countries and manufacturing operations in 13 countries.
Whirlpool in India
Whirlpool ventured into the Indian market in late 1980s through a joint venture with the TVS Group and established its first manufacturing facility in Pondicherry. Later on, it acquired Kelvin India Limited in 1995 and thus expanded its operations to refrigerator market as well. In 1996, Kelvinator and TVS acquisitions were merged together to create Whirlpool India. At present the company holds a market share of over 25% and as of March 2009, the annual turnover of the company was Rs.1,719 Crores. The company’s product lines comprise of washing machines, refrigerator, microwave ovens and air conditioners.
Whirlpool washing machine
Powered by the 6th sense technology that captures a woman’s intuition by adjusting the water level and detergent quantity as per the wash load and fabric type, the Whirlpool washing machines truly ease it all for a housewife. It offers thorough stain wash that is triggered by the unique properties of a hotwash and the 1-2, 1-2 handwash to remove the most common household stains. The whirlpool washing machines come in three ranges:
• Semi Automatic: These Whirlpool washing machines offer a super wash that is not so heavy on your pockets. The range comprises of 11 different models with a load capacity between 6-8 Kgs.
Price Range: Rs.6,700 to Rs.10,600
• Top Load: These fully automatic Whirlpool washing machines can come with various features such as 1-2-3 control panel, dual action agitator, 6th sense, 8-9 wash programs, in-built heater, wool cycle and more. Frome nine different models to choose from, the range comes with a load capacity between 5-8 Kgs.
Price Range: Rs.11,500 to Rs.21,600
• Front Load: The fully automatic front load Whirlpool washing machines allow their little users to conveniently load the clothes through the front door. The range comprises of 5 different models that can bear a load between 5.5 to 7 Kgs and include features such as water saving wash, in-built anti-creasing cycle, 6th sense, woolmark approved, anti-bacterial wash, no permanent plumbing, multiple wash programs and more.
Price range: Rs.20,740 to Rs.29,650
|About Author Read and Buy :|
Whirlpool Semi-Automatic Washing Machines (<a href="http://www.readandbuy.com/whirlpool-wmachine/whirlpool-semi-automatic-washing-machines" target="_blank">http://www.readandbuy.com/whirlpool-wmachine/whirlpool-semi-automatic-washing-machines</a>) | Read and Buy (<a href="http://www.readandbuy.com" target="_blank">http://www.readandbuy.com</a>) : Source for your favorite latest gadgets like, mobiles,LED TV, Water Purifier, Washing Machine, Digital Camera
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/technology.php/293120
Article Added on Saturday, April 30, 2011
|Other Articles by Read and Buy|
Samsung Washing Machine
Samsung Electronics is the world’s largest electronics company in terms of revenue of $117.4 billion, as of 2009 that is headquartered in Samsung Town, Seoul, South Korea. The Company manufactures products under various divisions such as semi-conductor, slimmer panels, televisions, mobile phones and home appliances. Its home appliances include product lines such as microwave, refrigerator, washing machines, air conditioners and ‘robot’ vacuum cleaners.
Samsung washing machines provide the...
Founded in 1958, LG is a South Korean company that was earlier known as ‘Lucky-Goldstar’. LG Electronics was launched in India in 1997 that offered innovative product range backed by extensive marketing campaigns which was the prime reason for the growth in their sales. The company has been felicitated by the following awards for its refrigerators:
• 2006: 4P award for Refrigerator and AC by 4Ps Power Brand Awards.
• 2006 & 2007: Most Trusted Brand for Refrigerator, LCD TV, Plasma TV,...
Samsung Air Conditioners
Samsung is a leading home appliance and electronics company that manufactures a wide range of products such as Air Conditioners, Washing Machine, Microwave ovens, mobiles, Dish Washer, Refrigerator, DVD Player, Freezer, Water Heater, and many more that are sold across the globe. Samsung India is a cent per cent owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
In February 2008, the company announced the release of its BioSleep air conditioners in India. The Bio Sleep feature has been...
Kent Water Purifiers
Kent water purifiers are pioneers in introducing the Reverse Osmosis (RO) technology in India. The company began its operations in 1999 from Noida, India. Their mission to provide innovative healthcare products gives the company the impetus to consistently perform better.
Kent Water purifiers feature two prime technologies:
• Mineral RO Technology (RO+UF+UV+TDS control): This is a computer controlled Kent Technology that combines the merits of both RO and UV technology thereby...