• Are you constantly logged on to one of those online casino gambling sites, even at weird hours, say three or four in the morning? Does this happen even on weekdays?
• Is when you’ll get to play your next game all you can think about as soon as you open your eyes in the morning?
• Do you constantly think of getting home to logon to the online casino to gamble while you are at work?
• Are you becoming a recluse and have stopped going out with friends or answering your phone, all you want to do is get online and gamble?
• Are you always working out different strategies to help you win at gambling?
• Do you find yourself borrowing or worse stealing money from your friends or family to feed your gambling habits?
• Are you always thinking that you are going to win the big jackpot, and planning ways of how you are going to spend your winnings?
• Do you try and keep your gambling habits a secret from friends and family, always minimizing your online casino screen when someone walks into the room?
• Are your thoughts so consumed by gambling that nothing else seems important to you?
• Do you often miss meals because you do not want to interrupt your gambling?
These are just some of the main tell tale signs that you are addicted to gambling. If you answered yes to more than half of these signs then it seems that you definitely have a gambling problem and should try seeking some sort of professional help. First and foremost before you can begin to move forward you must first be honest with yourself and admit that you are in fact addicted to gambling. If you are too embarrassed to seek professional help at this time and would like to try and control your gambling addiction for yourself then you will have to set some rules for yourself.
Do not try to stop gambling all at once “cold turkey” as this will not work, remember this is something you have been doing over a period of time, and to stop abruptly can have very drastic consequence. You may experience symptoms similar to cigarette addiction, when the cravings over take you, you will find yourself becoming very agitated and nervous, and you might find it impossible to control your cravings. Take it slowly and gradually, find ways to distract yourself that don’t involve gambling. Try picking up a new hobby, a physical one like cycling or running will distract you, tire you and the endorphins after a good run will make you feel better! If you’re more the sedentary type then why not pick up crafting or a new tv series or a new book or even join a chat room. Whatever you do you will find that can control your gambling cravings as you spend less time on those online gambling websites. If your problem persists remember there is no shame in seeking professional counseling, in fact it’s a sign of strength in that you know when to ask for help.
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/self_improvement.php/124287
Article Added on Friday, April 10, 2009
|Self Improvement >> Top 50 Articles on Self Improvement|
|Category - >|