There are lots of tips and steps which need to be followed while doing the search engine optimization of a website. One of the most important points that need to be remembered while doing SEO is the generation and submission of sitemaps. Sitemaps helps in making the navigation of a website easier and updating it from time to time helps in faster indexing of new pages and content in search engines. Sitemaps act as a communication channel between a website and search engines. With sitemaps, robot.txt file can be modified accordingly if you want to exclude a specific section or page of website from indexing.
There are two kinds of sitemaps that are prepared:
• HTML sitemaps: HTML sitemaps are prepared for users
• XML sitemaps: XML sitemaps are used for submission of websites to search engines.
Having two sitemaps for a website will never be regarded as a duplicate content.
There are many benefits of using sitemaps; some of them are listed below:
• It makes the navigation of a website easier
• It also increases visibility of website in search engines.
• If there are any changes or updates made to the website, sitemaps will let the search engines know about those changes immediately. It doesn’t mean that all the changes will be indexed instantly but surely sitemaps will make the process of indexing of changes faster.
• If you had submitted the sitemap of a website to the search engine you need not to worry about making external links for bringing search engines to your website.
• Sitemaps also help in finding the broken internal links if accidentally any internal link got broken.
Websites like blogs or magazine sites that have updates happening at regular intervals should definitely have sitemaps. Even software development companies providing web solutions to their clients make it a point to include a properly formatted sitemap while developing a website. Sitemaps have now become a standard way of submitting a website to search engines. Though the standard crawling process of website by search engine bots and spider goes on but sitemap submission logically increases the process of crawling and indexing faster.
Sitemaps have become an important part of the search engine optimization process especially with Google and Bing. Google and Bing search engine webmasters tools have inbuilt category for submission of sitemaps. Sitemaps might not give huge advantage instantly but helps to improve the sitemap indexing algorithms of search engines. Link building is one of the foremost aspects of Search engine optimization of a website. So both external and internal links are important from SEO point of view. Sitemaps help in providing good quality descriptive internal links. So it’s always advisable to generate and submit sitemaps of websites for better SEO.
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/search-engine-optimization.php/355414
Article Added on Sunday, March 18, 2012
|SEOptimization >> Top 50 Articles on SEOptimization|
|Category - >|