Of course, some children are more difficult to rear than others are but usually, there is an underlying cause. For instance, the child might have colic or some other health problem or perhaps the home environment is unsettled. However, when these situations are resolved, the behavior of the child could drastically change. The truth is that all parents can make conscious decisions that would make the baby happier and more settled, some that are provided below.
1. Body Temperature – Interestingly, something as simple as a baby being too hot or cold could lead to fussiness. Many new parents worry that the baby is not dressed warm or cool enough and with all good intentions, the child ends up being dressed inappropriately for the weather. A good rule is to dress the baby much the same as mom or dad, taking care to avoid direct sunlight or drafts. For instance, during the summer, lightweight cotton clothes are ideal.
2. Laughter – When babies are around laughter, it naturally creates a calm, enjoyable environment. Parents need to remember not to “sweat the small stuff”, instead having fun and laughing at all the silly things the baby does. The more relaxed the atmosphere, the happier the baby.
3. Nix Boredom – Even small babies become bored, which can lead to outbreaks of crying and fuzziness. By switching things up and introducing the baby to new things, the problem of boredom is eliminated. Babies are curious and when introduced to something new they automatically become more content.
4. Wellness – It is common for parents to overlook a baby that is not feeling well. In fact, sometimes a fussy or crying baby is mistaken for sleepiness when in fact, the baby may not be feeling well. This could be the result of cutting teeth, being constipated, or something more serious. Therefore, if a baby is unhappy or not content for several days in a row, it might be worth a phone call to the doctor.
5. Social Interaction – The last tip for raising a happy and content baby is to make sure he or she has social interaction with other children. Typically, new parents worry about the baby being exposed to germs and illnesses and while newborns do need added protection, by six months of age being around other children of the same age can do wonders. In addition to boosting the child’s happiness level, social interaction also teaches important lessons such as sharing.
It is important for parents to accept that just as there is no such thing as a perfect baby – there is no such thing as a perfect parent. Although the market is filled with books and videos on raising children, which is helpful, much is learned from hands-on experience. Mistakes are going to happen when raising a baby but often following a few simple tips such as these can change the behavior of a child dramatically.
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/parenting.php/328463
Article Added on Tuesday, October 11, 2011
|parenting >> Top 50 Articles on Parenting|
|Category - >|