If you’re reading this, it’s probably because you are trying to understand what the big deal is about Twitter. And you’re probably wondering, “Can Twitter really help my business?”
The answer is, “very much so!”
But, what is Twitter again?
Twitter, like Facebook, began life as a tool for college students. Allowing only 140 characters per message, a “Tweet" was used to update friends and family in a casual way via the tagline "What are you doing?”
It has since evolved, and, what at first seemed to be about as far away from the world of business as it can be, is now considered a “must have” marketing tool for any serious business, large or small.
Here’s something you need to know. Each day 5 to 10 thousand new people join Twitter, and it currently has around 5 million users, according to the State of the Twittersphere report. That’s a lot of opportunity waiting for your business!
How it works:
• Twitter allows you to post short updates (aka Tweets) as often as you want; they are limited to 140 characters.
• Follow other users, and you’ll be able to read their tweets.
• When they follow you, they’ll read your tweets.
• A business should follow everyone who is following them, because when they follow you, it means that they want to engage in a conversation. This is an opportunity to make a connection with your existing or prospective customer.
Can you see the potential yet?
Here are a few more reasons why you need Twitter for your business:
1. Your message can reach hundreds and thousands of people instantly, so you won’t have to chase after customers. They will find you—for free.
2. You can grow your reputation as an expert by offering advice and/or referring people to interesting business-related articles. As long as you go easy on the self-promotion, people will come to trust your advice and will be more open to visiting your website to find out more about you and your business.
3. You can provide coupons and special offers in a matter of seconds with a Tweet.
When it comes down to it, Twitter provides tiny snapshots of what's going on in your business world, all day, every day. The limited number of characters per Tweet means there is no over-thinking or having to craft everything perfectly. It's about having relaxed conversations with your customers, your potential clients, and your peers in a no-pressure environment.
What could be more useful to your business than that?
Lastly, here are some of our favorite Twitter related services, which makes tweeting even more fun:
• Twitpic lets you share photos on Twitter.
• Cheaptweet scans Twitter for the best deals, coupons and sales that people are tweeting about.
• Twitterholic gathers data and updates a list of the most popular twitter users. Who’s the most popular Twitter user? Our new president with 346,422 followers.
• Crazybob searches your friend graph and picks out people who you may like to follow.
Happy tweeting! And you can, of course, follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/perezsimons. Looking forward to your Tweets! :)
|About Author Mariela Perez-Simons :|
Perez-Simons Content Solutions provides Internet Marketing services such as Spanish website translations, web design, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in Spanish for companies interested in reaching the Hispanic market. <a href="http://www.perezsimons.com" target="_blank">http://www.perezsimons.com</a>
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/marketing.php/120111
Article Added on Wednesday, March 18, 2009
|Other Articles by Mariela Perez-Simons|
What To Look For In A Web based Accounting Software
In these difficult times, you and other business owners are probably searching for new ways to save money and manage your dwindling profit margins. One of the areas in which you can take back control of your business is by handling the accounting yourself. And one of the most popular ways to manage your accounting is by getting a web-based accounting software that will make it easy for you to send invoices, receive payment, and run reports such as cash-flow and profit/loss.
There are five...
The Importance of Accounting For Small Business Startups
Accounting is a crucial part of running a business. Many people mistakenly believe that if you are starting a small business, you really do not need accounting. However, this is not true. If you want your business to reach its full potential, you have to follow basic accounting practices. You might find accounting boring, but you cannot avoid it.
Importance Of Accounting
When you start up a small business, you need an accounting system in place. This could help you create a record of all the...
How Accounting Software Can Benefit Your Business
Accounting software provides many benefits to both small and large businesses. It not only helps a business in the way IT executes, manages and tracks its important financial transactions, but also helps gauge the business’s performance.
Financial and accounting activities form the core of all business organizations. An accounting software package is designed to streamline and speed up financing and accounting tasks and procedures all across the organization. Good accounting software delivers...
Design Considerations When Opening an Ice Cream Or Gelato Shop
A good deal of planning is required to successfully open a new ice cream or gelato shop. Follow these design guidelines, and you'll be set up to run an efficient and thriving frozen dessert business.
An efficient well thought out back of counter design for your ice cream or gelato shop is an extremely important element of a successful specialty dessert store. The ultimate goal when developing your back of counter area is to create an environment that offers functional efficiency, creates a...
Why Translate Your Website Into Spanish
Is your website living up to its potential? Are you reaching as many prospective clients as possible? What are you doing in terms of reaching your non-English speaking customers? These are important questions you need to ask yourself while building your online marketing plan and defining your online target market and goals.
• The U.S. is home to more than 45 million Hispanics, making it the world's second-largest Spanish-speaking community, only after Mexico and ahead of...
Pacojet The Culinary Professionals Choice For Making Gourmet Sorbet Gelato Ice Cream and More
Pacojet is a revolutionary countertop machine that is essential to every culinary professional kitchen. It whips up frozen dessert creations quickly, and without much fuss. This is a dream machine for chefs who strive for top quality with minimum effort. It has become an essential food preparation device for chefs nation and world wide.
Pacojet is best known for its exclusive “Pacotizing” process: mixing and pureeing deeply frozen food directly in its frozen state, producing a fine consistency...