The eCopy package is a simple system to realise the full capabilities of your scan devices. It allows users to scan to a number of network locations including desktops and network folders, as well as email addresses. eCopy connects your digital copier to your company's email and other networked applications for low-cost, secure, instantaneous distribution and management of electronic copies of paper documents across a network and the internet.
It is possible to have software written (simple process that many main dealers can carry out) to integrate eCopy with your existing systems. This ensures that eCopy is incorporated without having to source further IT development.
eCopy has a number of benefits, these include:
- Allows documents to be scanned to desktop for filing. Documents can be emailed directly from a multifunctional device. The system is linked to your server, so emails sent are not only secure, but will be shown on the users PC in their sent file as though it had been sent from their own desktop.
- Brilliantly, eCopy allows 'push scanning' which is more advanced and a faster distribution process than 'pull' scanning and allows users to put documents into the feeder and 'push' across the network to any desktop.
- eCopy Desktop is the software that enables users to annotate, alter or add to documents once they have been scanned, allowing content to be highlighted or changed and then distributed.
- Creates searchable text via OCR when scanned allowing specific references to be given to the document for easy retrieval at a later stage. Search for a specific reference number, date or even search for all documents containing a specific word. Effectively it becomes an electronic database of all the company's documents.
- The touch screen on the machine can be set up with bespoke touch buttons, such as 'Scan to Accounts' or 'Scan to Invoice' etc for easy distribution to the correct folders, eliminating the possibility of user input errors. This user friendly aspect of the system means that a minimum of training is needed.
- High return on investment. The product will reduce courier costs and the need to fax as documents can be sent electronically.
The eCopy Suite of products includes an eCopy ScanStation and associated software applications:
The eCopy ScanStation is a small-format touch screen panel that attaches easily to any scan-ready, eCopy-enabled digital device or scanner. The eCopy ScanStation allows users of a department or enterprise network to share the device's ability to turn paper documents into electronic files, which can then be distributed around the office via your network or further afield via the internet.
To make an eCopy file, a user simply places the paper document in the digital multifunctional device's papertray, and pushes a button on the eCopy ScanStation touch screen. Options include distributing to the user's desktop, to network location, fax and to email. Once the user selects an eCopy option and chooses recipients from the on-line address book, the document runs through the digital copier at high speed, creating an electronic copy of the document. A typical 20-page eCopy is transmitted as a digital document file and has a file size of less than 1 MB.
eCopy ScanShare drives the eCopy ScanStation and delivers the scanned electronic files to the network. Once the scanning of the document is complete, images of the pages are displayed on the easy-to-use touch screen, allowing the user to conveniently preview the document. eCopy ScanShare integrates seamlessly with your existing IT systems, enabling administrators to manage user lists in the online address book, and create inboxes for multiple eCopy stations from an administrative workstation anywhere on the network.
The eCopy Desktop software provides a powerful set of mark-up tools to collate documents. Users can amalgamate several files into one and undertake edits. Users of the system can also view and annotate, store or distribute eCopies from their desktops and perform Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to generate editable text.
This is a free, small-footprint (1MB) viewing application that enables any user to view and print an eCopy made from a paper document. It is downloadable at no charge from the eCopy website.
eCopy is a vital piece of software that allows your organisation to link scan facilities to your network. This gives easy distribution to all electronic copies of paper documents, cutting costs and improving environmental behaviour. All organisations can make use of eCopy to improve scan processes.
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/internet-and-computers.php/170528
Article Added on Thursday, October 1, 2009
|computers and internet >> Top 50 Articles on computers and internet|
|Category - >|