However, if you do not have the budget for replacement windows, there are other alternatives that can help you improve the look of your home windows so that you do not need to spend so much for total window replacement. What you need is just adding elegance and beauty to your windows to make them appear brand new, exciting and refreshed. Interior fashion designers understand that with only flair of designing skills, you can make your old windows really look good and here are some of their suggestions so that you can enliven your home windows and make them look interesting.
1. Use shutters, curtains, blinds, drapers or solar shades to your windows so that another appealing look would surface. If you just let your windows stay there without any adornment then they will surely become boring and lifeless.
2. Hang attractive curtains that have light and natural colours which can make the appearance of your curtains interesting and you can also add ribbon strips with contrasting colours for added beauty.
3. When it comes to window frames, painting them with other colour can solve the issue of dullness in your home windows but make sure the paint you will use will match the whole interior decoration of your house.
4. You can also put a vase with beautiful flowers on top of the windowsill or hang beautiful pictures along with the curtains. The idea is to put an extra colour and life to the existing natural beauty of the windows.
5. When choosing your curtains, vases, flowers, drapes and window frames for your home windows, choose their colours accordingly that they must not contradict to each other and strain the eye of the beholder. Remember that you put these things into your windows to put life into them and not to overly decorate them so that they may appear strenuous to the eye.
6. Lastly, one of the best ways of changing the look of your house windows is through home window tinting. When windows are tinted, they can look better from the inside and because tints can reduce the entrance of harmful UV rays, tinting home windows can also be beneficial. Many homeowners are now opting to tint their windows because they can save energy from it as tint serve as insulation to windows. It can also provide more privacy and offer more security for the home dwellers. Burglars will have second thoughts of breaking into homes if all windows are tinted. Choose curtains also that can blend well with tinted windows.
If you want to know more about the best methods in putting more life to your home windows there are the home improvement magazines, the Internet, and home improvement shops you could visit and you will be amazed how these sources can provide you ideas on how to put new trends into your home windows without actually shifting to window replacement.
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/home_improvement.php/317307
Article Added on Sunday, August 21, 2011
|home improvement >> Top 50 Articles on Home Improvement|
|Category - >|