1. It is important to know what colors are deep, neutral, warm, and cool as each color reflects a particular mood. Warm colors are such colors as yellow, pink, and light blue. Examples of deep colors are forest green, dark blue, red, and burgundy, Neutral colors are tan and beige. Cool colors are such colors as blue and green.
2. Colors affect oneís mood. When you enter a room in your home, what type of mood do you want to feel? Do you want vibrant and cheery colors such as pink, or do you want a tranquil effect such as blue. There are many color schemes one can choose for a room to reflect the personal mood. For instance, orange and yellow reflect vibrancy and green and blue reflect a more sedate mood. There are many online sites and paint stores that provide samples of different blends of colors. When examining the colors, think about what you are feeling when you look at them.
3. Bathrooms are no longer the traditional white, but now various colors are being used. It is common to use more neutral colors or less bright colors. A medium green and blue are good choices, or one can use taupe or beige.
4. If you have a small room and want it to look bigger, paint it white with another color for the trim. If the room is dark, white or pale shades will brighten the room. If you have a narrow room such as a hallway, and want it to look more wide, use light colors on the long ends and darker colors on the short ends. To make a room look taller, use a vertical pattern design when you paint.
5. When choosing a color for a room, think about how the room will be used. For instance, the living room is where families spend time together and adults will entertain friends. You want the room to be cheery and comfortable. Choose colors that exhibit a welcoming ambience. Burgundy, medium blue, and green, creates a sociable environment.
6. The dining room is another place to consider the color scheme. Neutral colors are recommended with added deep colors for a trim, such as burgundy. Neutrality while dining gives a more pleasant eating experience for everyone. It also helps make people feel comfortable.
7. The bedroom is each member of the families own personal space. This is where each person can be creative and artistic, and express themselves. Just make sure young children donít choose colors that donít mix. Coordinating the colors is essential to making a room look beautiful.
8. When coordinating colors for all rooms in the new home, stay within a color range so that when people walk into each room they are not surprised about how different one room is from another.
For any room that you paint, make sure you consider the color of the furnishings so the walls and furnishings blend well together. As well, make sure your color scheme enhances and improves the appearance of you home. Remember, you will be living with the colors so make sure you are satisfied with your choice before you start painting.
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/home_improvement.php/202412
Article Added on Friday, January 8, 2010
|home improvement >> Top 50 Articles on Home Improvement|
|Category - >|