1. Reduce walk on the floor as possible as you can within 24 hours after installation. Don¡¯t put heavy matter on the floor within 72 hours after installation. The planks begin to touch moisture in the air after installation. And the planks will expand a bit in a short time. The locking system starts to work after installation. There be some time needed before the planks can work well with each other. So frequent walk and heavy matters put on the floor is not suitable in a short time after installation.
2. Close window and door before leaving to avoid rain falling on the floor. Laminated flooring is not water resistant. Wipe the water away promptly if water falls on the floor.
3. Don¡¯t paint or use sandpaper to polish the floor surface. The product is different from hardwood flooring. And it is not suitable to be polished or painted.
4. Don¡¯t pull heavy furnish on the floor directly. The leg of metal furniture can¡¯t touch the floor surface directly. Pad can be worn on the metal leg to avoid scratch.
5. Hire specialist to replace the broken plank with new plank instead of doing the work yourself if you are not good at it.
6. Clean the floor with cleanser or dame mop(half-dry). Don¡¯t use water to do the work.
7. Below are some methods to remove the dirt on the floor:
(1). Don¡¯t use steel ball, strong acid or alkali cleanser to do the clean work.
(2). Scratch wax or gum with a blunt knife after the dirty is hard. Then use damp mop to clean the dirt. Or use a filmy bag packed with ice to soften the dirt and then scratch it with a blunt knife.
(3). Use wine, gasoline or similar solvent to remove chocolate, shoe polish, rubber, oil, asphalt, shoe polish, etc.
(4). Use alcohol to clean lipstick, chalk and crayon.
(5). Use soft & neutral detergent or cloth damped with warm water to clean special dirt.
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/home_improvement.php/130580
Article Added on Wednesday, April 29, 2009
|home improvement >> Top 50 Articles on Home Improvement|
|Category - >|