What Exactly is Insomnia?
Insomnia is a sleep disorder that usually keeps the sufferer from sleeping for long periods of time, or at all. Many insomniacs complain that they are not able to shut off their brains and instead stay awake at night and worry. Stress, worries, anxiety, depression, medications and caffeine can all cause the mind to be stimulated and not allow for relaxation. When that happens, insomnia usually results.
There are three recognized types of insomnia: transient, acute and chronic insomnia. Transient insomnia usually lasts for a short period of time-from one day to several weeks. Acute insomnia is the extended version of insomnia and can last for several months. Chronic insomnia is the most serious of types, meaning that it lasts for an extended period of time, or even permanently.
Can Insomnia Be Treated? What are Some Tips to Cure Insomnia?
Insomnia, unlike some other sleep conditions, can be treated effectively and allow the sufferer to go back to a regular sleep schedule. The most important of the tips to cure insomnia is to determine what is causing it. Are you worrying about money? Are you having back pain? Are you drinking coffee or soda too late at night? Determining the root cause is the most important factor in treating your insomnia. Once you determine that, you can figure out ways to stop doing the action that is keeping you awake at night. If you are staying awake from drinking caffeine, stop drinking caffeine several hours before bed. If you are worrying about money, talk to your spouse or figure out a way to cure your worries.
Other tips to help cure insomnia include:
* Keep all sources of stimulation out of your bedroom. Take out the television and radio. Don't eat or drink in your room. Instead, make your bedroom a place where only sleep occurs. Also, make your room as dark as possible.
* Create a bedtime, and stick to it. Creating a schedule where you go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time every day will help your body form a routine and get used to sleeping at the same time each day.
* Don't nap during the day. Doctors who give tips to cure insomnia say that it throws off your body's internal clock and makes it difficult to go to bed later on.
* Don't drink stimulants at night. Stay away from coffee, soda, tea or alcohol after dinner. The stimulants in the drinks can keep your body awake.
* Eat light dinners. Heavy foods create problems with the sleep schedule. Also, stay away from foods that are likely to create stomach problems and keep you awake.
* Exercise regularly. Exercising during the day will energize you. Exercising at night will energize you as well, making it difficult to sleep.
* Play soft music at bedtime. This creates a soothing atmosphere and will allow you to concentrate on the sound. When this happens, you will fall asleep faster.
These tips to cure insomnia can work for almost anyone. Try a few over the next several weeks and you will be to effectively treat your insomnia and make your life better!
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/health.php/63563
Article Added on Wednesday, July 25, 2007
|fitness >> Top 50 Articles on fitness|
|Category - >|