The Thai food of the Centra part needs vegetables to be side by side; examples are Khanomchin Namya and Namprig Chaonaa. Bai horapa (Sweet Basil ) and Pagkaad Hom (Romain lettuce) are served with Po Pia Tod (Spring rolls). Various kinds of Miang (minced meat wrapped up by leaves): Miang Khanaa, Miang Mamuang, Miang Kaam are served with fresh vegetables.
Besides producing fibre, the green leaves of Khannaa, Pakbung, Tamloeng and lettuce help reduce the body’s lack of Vitamin B2 when taken with meat. Vegetables’ green leaves consist of Vitamin A which is very useful to the body, taken with the fat in cooking oil. Deep green and yellow vegetables produce Betacarotine, an anti-cancerous substance which turns to be Vitamin A needed by human body.
Yam (Thai salad) has a small quantity of meat but its main ingredients are vegetables. All yams have fat ingredients; examples are Yam Yod Krathin, Yam Bai Bua Bok, Yam Hua Pli, Yam Tawai, Yam Mamuang, Yam Yuan, Yam Yai, and Yam Woon Saen.
As the Thai food’s ingredients are small quantity of fat and meat (with about 20% of fat), the Thai people, then, are fortunate in their fat taking less than the western people, and less risky of having breast cancer.
The Values of Thai Food:
1. Food Values: Thai food has values obtained from ingredients which are vegetables, spices and herbs.
2. Herb and Spice Values: As Thai food has its main ingredients consisting of herbs and spices , then, it has a great value.
3. Folk Wisdom and Art and Culture Values: In general, each of the Thai food has its own natural flavor and features, for example, Kaeng Khi Lhek, which consists of the leaves of Khi lhek with their bitter flavor but by the old genertion’s folk wisdom in mixing these bitter leaves with spices, coconut milk and meat, Kaeng Khi Lhek becomes a delicious cuisine.
The Charm of Thai Food
Thai food is an international favorite. The charm of Thai food depends on:
1. Flavor: Each Thai dish has more than 3-4 flavors. The ingredients of each dish help not only harmonize all different flavors but also make delicious. Miniature egg plants with their bitter flavor in Kaeng Khieo Wan help reduce the greasiness and the hot flavor.
2. Decoration: Thai food has an attracting decoration inducing to appetite and it is also convenient to take.
3. Ingredients: The flavor of Thai food cames from herbal spices without flavoring substances.
4. Values: Thai food has both values of nutrition and medicine.
5. Harmony : Thai food can be harmoniously taken with other food, for example, Panaeng Kai can be used as sandwich filling. Paad Kaaprao as spaghetti’s top over.
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/food-and-drink.php/54609
Article Added on Wednesday, January 3, 2007
|Food >> Top 50 Articles on Food|
|Category - >|