Photography marketing is one of the most important areas of your photography business. You must become as effective with the marketing of your photography business as you are with the photography itself.
Here are five excellent, proven methods of marketing your photography business today:
1. Website - yes of course all businesses have a website of some kind. The key is to make sure that the website accomplishes the primary objective. What is the objective of that website? It's either to get the prospect to directly contact you, so you can start building the relationship and implement the selling process, or at least to capture the name and email address of the visitor so you can stay in touch with her from that moment forward.
Most photographer's websites are terrible - if you rate them based on the above paragraph. Yes they may be "pretty," but are they also PERSUASIVE enough to get someone to contact you, or at least leave their name and email address with you? This is way more important to your photography business success than you might realize.
2. Exhibits - one of the all-time best ways to market your photography business is to have exhibits of your photographs proudly displayed throughout your community. Your goal should be to have 12 permanent exhibits in your community +2 traveling exhibits. If you do this, you will be shocked and amazed at how many people contact you telling you they love your photography and want to work with you.
And just to be absolutely clear - even today, with all the Internet marketing opportunities, exhibits are STILL one of the all time best ways to market your photography business! Why? Because the prospect can take her time, look at your beautiful images in real life - beautifully enhanced, framed & signed.
3. Lift Cards on exhibits. One of the keys to successful exhibits is to not put business cards on your exhibits. That's old technology. Instead you want to use what we call "Lift Cards." Lift cards are approximately 6" x 9" in size. On one side is a compelling headline and three or four photographs along with raving testimonials from those clients - right underneath each of the photographs. On the other side of the Lift Card is another great headline and a whole bunch of persuasive copy designed specifically to get the prospect to take the next easy, "baby step" - to either call you on the telephone or visit your website or send you an e-mail.
4. Emails to previous clients & new prospective clients. Once you start collecting email addresses of all the clients you work with, as well as interested prospects who you haven't worked with yet, you now have a valuable marketing tool known as a "house list." This can be extremely valuable to you, if you use it correctly. Use email technology to stay in contact with, and maintain the relationship with these people. And occasionally to offer them very special exclusive offers to work with you.
5. Facebook & other social media - social media is all about relationships. And success in the photography business is also all about relationships - building and maintaining them. So obviously you're going to use social media technology to further your photography business success. If you're not doing it already, be sure you get the Facebook address and the twitter address of all the people you talk with so that you can request to become a friend or follower with them.
One of the all time biggest mistakes I made in my photography business back when I was just getting going, was I basically ignored the people I had talked with and/or worked with in the past. I thought I had to put all my marketing efforts into getting "new" people. But by ignoring those folks I had met with and worked with before, I missing out on one of the most profitable parts of a photography business - repeat business.
If you will make the commitment to invest the time and effort into the above five photography marketing areas, you will enjoy profits and cash flow with your photography business which are far beyond your dreams.
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/finance-and-business.php/386224
Article Added on Wednesday, August 15, 2012
|Business And Finance >> Top 50 Articles on Business And Finance|
|Category - >|