As a branding expert, companies often comes with a question, what can I do to increase my firm’s name recognition? Of course, increasing name recognition is only one aspect of the branding puzzle, but an important one—It is particularly perplexing to a company well known in a certain market, perhaps where the company originated, but disappointed at the lack of carry over in name recognition upon entering a new geographical area.
So, what can a company do to increase name recognition? Here are twenty-five ways you can begin branding your company and increase the name recognition of your firm.
1. Hire a branding company to bring your image and message under a brand.
2. Develop all collateral and image materials like web, stationery, logo, tagline, mission statement, cards, postcards, brochures, elevator pitch, newsletters, letters, project sheets, resumes, bios, firm description, etc… to coincide with your brand and your message.
3. Provide a mission statement that shows your reason for what you are here; and the value you provide to your customers. Develop a simple and humble mission statement.
4. Develop a memorable (never forgotten) tagline that expresses who you are and what you do!
5. Prepare a timetable and calendar of outreach; make a matrix of all those you’d like to reach in the next year and the potential influence on those people. This could fetch a very good impression from your customer – side.
6. Regularly write and issue press release to the media like TV, radio, newspaper etc…
7. Regularly write and post press releases in your website, this will fetch you popularity also will increase your SEO ranking.
8. Regularly write and post press release on online media like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn etc… This will bring you more customers, likes, and popularity.
9. Diversify all marketing PR and media to reach the market where your clients are to be found. Do it as you opposed to marketing within your own service industry.
10. Participate / attend, speak, host, present, show in at least two / three national and local industry conferences.
11. Regularly write and pitch feature story ideas to the media.
12. Create and issues an online or direct mail newsletters in regular basis.
13. Get known for niche expertise or specific industry knowledge, like speak, write, present, teach, etc…
14. Participate in professional internship programs.
15. Participate and sponsor for local charitable efforts; get your name in the program the charitable cause distributes; get your name in the press surrounding the event. Please don’t do it just for fame, but do it whole hearted.
16. Using internet search techniques get to know all potential teaming partners in your new geographic area. Let them know your people, your areas of expertise and potential for cross referrals.
17. Develop collateral material with a regional bent; think what projects, services, people or elements might be important to this new market and capture that regional tone in all collateral material.
18. Include differentiating tips as the basis for all your branding statements. Develop tip sheets as to how your company is different than your competitors and why this makes a difference to teaming partners and to your end users-your potential clients.
19. Develop a calendar of local and regional events in your locale and make your company visible in the areas most related to your company and your potential clients’ interests.
20. Hire an industry professional to conduct a survey on your behalf; post the results on your website. Publicize the results most importantly to your industry. Make sure that your post results are different and simply super from other companies in your field.
21. Update your website to be informational based so that search engines can find you, and clients can read in-depth material demonstrating your expertise.
Post your appearance and participation in your website.
22. Plan a media release before and after each & every event.
23. Add informational website content a minimum of four times per month, do this one also regularly.
24. Communicate through all methods, the value of your brand to those are associated with it.
25. Establish your brand by regularly updating the financial value or potential value associated with your brand. When quantify results are achieved, add those results to your brand value.
Branding your company is a key to influence a memorable response in the minds of your chosen audience. It is not only the name recognition of your firm, but also the perceived value of your organization. Capture these twenty-five essential branding elements and begin to cement a positive branded image for your firm.
|About Author Augustine Joseph :|
Joseph is a Software developer and freelancer writes in blogs and develops free website services. He and his wife are working on different websites and free java tools. Some of the websites are given below.
<a href="http://www.prcompanion.com" target="_blank">www.prcompanion.com</a>
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/finance-and-business.php/362449
Article Added on Thursday, March 29, 2012
|Other Articles by Augustine Joseph|
Associates For An Brand Development
A brand is often associated with a logo, color and graphic elements, but it is much more than that. It mainly the customer experience associated with the brand, and it is the value gained by associating with the brand. The brand delivers on those expectations and therefore becomes memorable and recognizable. Let’s see about few important things that a brand should consist in this article.
A mission statement is simply a statement for the purpose of a company or...
Ideas of Internet Marketing for Small Businesses
Small business internet marketing strategy can bring you target traffic even if you don’t know exactly if your services or products are in demand on the market.
Affordable small business SEO can provide you such an opportunity. It can give the birth to marketing ideas for small business of any kind and develop your online business in the right direction.
Building a website is just the beginning of marketing your business on the internet. Your site has to b e a cyber door and you still have to...
Productive Useful Methods To Use LinkedIn In Your Business
Social networking sites continue to be widely spread & used worldwide today and more people are signing up every day. Facebook continues to be on top of the list while LinkedIn remains popular among business professionals.
LinkedIn is a relatively closed social network – closed in that you have to be somewhat active to get the most out of the network. While it is possible to see someone’s online resume without being logged in, LinkedIn is most useful when you see his or her connections and...
Using of Social Media in Small Business
Just as e-mails and instant messages changed social interactions in the 1990s, Social media led by Facebook and Twitter has revolutionized the way we communicate with one another. Combined with Smartphone, Tablets and Netbooks, makes communication instantaneous. Posting status updates, sharing photos and creating events has now become so simple that any other method seems archaic. As a small business owner, how can you utilize social media in your business, both within your business and as a...
Social Media Marketing 2012
All businesses seek to either increase brand awareness or generate sales or leads. Most of the businesses prefer social media. Focus on the social media marketing trends that can measurably contribute to your business goals. 2012 is about one fourth over and already there have been many new trends in social media marketing that offer new and interesting ways to expand brand awareness and generate sales leads. Let’s see how & what changes have few popular social media has brought this...
Essential Skills for Any Public Relations Professional
Public relations have changed significantly over the last few years. Even if you don’t buy into the idea that online communities and relationships are part of the public relations function, it’s hard to deny the rising importance of blogs; the gradual decline of traditional media and the impact on online conversations for their brand have increased.
Along with this, the skills of PR Professional also have to be evolved too. Here are few skills and attributes that PR professional needs.
How Small Business Can Increase Their Popularity Using Social Media
Social media is an online network which connects people worldwide. So it can be considered as very valuable and cost effective tool for all small business. Social media can connect with the customers and reduces the cost of traditional advertisement and marketing price. It is considered as an easy source to stay connected and interact with customers. The social media advertising needs just a computer and an internet connection. Today social media are used for highly accessible publishing...
PR Plan for Today in Small Business
Getting a great write up in a publication with your prospects and customer’s read is still one of the most powerful marketing opportunities going on. Like in most forms of communication Internet has changed how we get information, which we have, to access and who controls what’s said. Since anyone and everyone is a potential publisher it’s kind of democratized process of media relations.
Major media outlets are still important, but their importance has been diluted to some degree by million...
How to a Start Marketing PR Campaign
Always people want the best output in any fields. Especially in marketing people will buy the best products in sales. So,
*What would make your employees love to brag about the products and services you offer?
*What would make customers brag about the products and services you offer?
The answers here are very simple. What’s in it for me? If you feel that just giving employees a paycheck is all it takes, then you have tons to learn. Think whether customers are just satisfied with purchasing...
Small Businesses can also Practice Total Quality Management
What is Total Quality Management? Total Quality Management (TQM) is a management approach to long-term success through customer satisfaction. Total quality management is an improvement program which provides tools and techniques for continuous improvement, based on facts and analysis; and if properly implemented, it avoids counterproductive organizational infighting.
“So why can’t we implement TQM in Small business?”
The answer is: Yes, but if you’re a small business owner and you want to...
|Click here to see More Articles by Augustine Joseph