Unlike travel postcards, you can have one scenic photograph there with a short caption and you are good to go. But that is not so with marketing postcards. Below you can find seven characteristics that make powerful marketing mailers.
1. Audience-based theme – You should match your theme to your intended audience. Do not put hip-hop designs on the cover if you are selling a retirement home. The elderly will not be able to appreciate that. If people like the theme, they will tend to more likely keep the postcard for future reference.
2. Artistic and uncommon cover design – The cover side of the postcard should carry the most powerful message. Remember that this is the only side that will contain your message so you have to say everything in concise sentences or short phrases. Place them artistically all over the page and come up with the uncommon types of compositions. While it is good to get ideas from other ads, it is always best to come up with your unique and original design. That will most likely catch your readers’ attention.
3. Full color cover printing – Usually, using full color and high quality cover printing will be the best solution. However, there are designs that look better in one color. So determine what you want.
4. Captivating slogan – Think of a short slogan that best conveys your message. That should be the title of your postcard. It should not just be a descriptive title but a message that will move people to action. For example, if you are selling vacation packages, do not just say, “A Relaxing Vacation” but some use some actions words like “You need a vacation NOW.” It should not only capture the eyes of your readers but the message should speak to their hearts, minds, and psyches. You can use many kinds of wordplay for this purpose, such as rhymes or quotes to make your slogan memorable.
5. Compelling call to action – Give a message that will compel your readers to action. The bottom line is to sell your product. So convince your reader to do so. This is not easy but brainstorm with a theme for the best ideas.
6. Use durable paper – Postcards are mailed without envelopes so they are exposed to a great many elements in transit. Use good quality paper to make sure that they will still be in great shape when they reach their reader.
7. Large size postcards – Regular postcards are 4”x6” in size but you can also opt to print bigger postcards so that you have more space for your photos and text.
Take all these points into consideration when you make your own marketing postcards and surely, your next batch of postcard printing materials will have a greater impact and efficiency. It will most likely yield you the results you’ve been aiming for; which is to gain more customers and patrons of your products and services.
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/finance-and-business.php/337028
Article Added on Saturday, November 19, 2011
|Business And Finance >> Top 50 Articles on Business And Finance|
|Category - >|