Over the years, the business cards have become a staple in the business industry. Those seeking to achieve growth and success need to invest in a well designed card in order to get a loyal group of customers.
It is sad to note though that a lot of business owners are not paying attention to their business card printing. With the advent of the internet and smart phones, it seems that people have forgotten about the lowly business cards. They have patronized modern technology as they prove to be more affordable and easier in delivering messages to prospective customers.
However, when you attend business events or networking activities, you would constantly come across people asking for your business cards. Because you do not have your cards with you, you are left to utter the words, “Sorry, but I do not have my cards with me.”
You have to remember that if you have your cards with you it would be much easier for you to make a good first impression. You have the advantage of getting people to trust you and impress them with more than a handshake. You can be sure to make your point with your cards and make it easy for people to contact you. If you want to make a profitable exchange of business cards, here are some rules in business card marketing that you need to keep in mind.
1. Business cards are handy so you do not have any reason not to carry them anywhere you go. Keep in mind that not having a card to hand out when people ask for it makes you look unprofessional in front of your customers. Make it a habit to bring your cards with you anywhere to impress prospective customers.
2. Carry a business card holder with you to keep your cards in pristine condition. A worn and crumpled card won’t give you a good impression, so it pays to keep it neat and clean.
3. Do not push your cards in front of people. This would make you look too pushy and intimidating. It is best if build a rapport with the prospect first and then give your card before your part ways.
4. When receiving cards, take a look at the card and ask questions if necessary. This will show customers that you are interested in them. In return, they will do the same to you.
5. Be sure to keep your cards updated. As soon as there are changes in your contact details, be sure to print new business card templates at once. Don’t make it a habit to crash out the outdated info and writing on top of it the updated info.
6. If it is not relevant, don’t write anything in the card you receive in front of the owner. It’s better to take down notes after the conversation is over.
If you can follow these strategies, it would be much easier for you to gain their trust and build rapport with them.
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/finance-and-business.php/302826
Article Added on Friday, June 24, 2011
|Business And Finance >> Top 50 Articles on Business And Finance|
|Category - >|