“Mary for me to help you find the most comprehensive plan at the best rate I need to get some information from you to help tailor the coverage”
• Why are you shopping for health/life insurance now? (This question gives you an idea what the sense of urgency is with your prospect and will tell you a lot about this opportunity).
• Are you covered now? What company & what plan?
• Has your premium gone up recently? To what? (That’s how I find out their current cost).
• Is anyone in the family taking ANY monthly medications?
• What are they and what are they taking them for? (Even though you know what Lipitor is for make them say everything that is wrong with everyone).
• Do you plan on having any or anymore children? When?
• I know we all would like to lose 10-15 pounds but is anyone in the family more than say, 50 lbs overweight?
• Does anyone in the family smoke?
• Are any of the children involved in any sports activities like soccer, softball, football etc?
• Has anyone on either side of the family died of cancer or stroke or heart disease?
• Has the person who does your taxes told you how much you could save each year with an HSA (do NOT call it a health SAVINGS account they don’t want to save anything except premium! I’m just fishing to see if they even know what the acronym stands for).
This seems like quite a few questions to ask someone right off the bat, however, this should take less than 5 minutes if you do it right and it sets the tone for the rest of the sales process. Also I do something that most agents DO NOT do. I tell the prospect how I get paid! For example: “Mary my job is not to sell you insurance. My first job is to teach you how to determine how each plan differs from the others. It’s not hard at all once you know what to look for and that’s easy for me to show you. You see when I’m done you will have the ability to evaluate health insurance plans forever and not be confused. The second part of my job is to make sure everything goes smoothly during the underwriting process. You also need to know how I get paid. You don’t pay me a thing. I get paid by the insurance company that you choose. Actually, I get a small portion of the premium you pay every year. This means that if I want to continue to get paid I need to make sure you are taken care of and satisfied. I also want you to know that you can’t save money by not using an agent. In fact, most people would probably pay much more if they didn’t use me because, they most likely wouldn’t know how to structure the plan to get the best coverage for the lowest premium”. This approach might take a bit longer but it is crucial when trying to establish trust and a rapport online.
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/finance-and-business.php/171828
Article Added on Tuesday, October 6, 2009
|Business And Finance >> Top 50 Articles on Business And Finance|
|Category - >|