With millions of people turning to the internet for their shopping, it’s imperative for businesses to develop a strong online presence. A well designed, functional, and feature rich ecommerce website will help you to achieve this. Below is a list of things that you need to know to create an ecommerce website that stands out:
• You will need your own domain name as this will increase credibility for your ecommerce website. A domain name with your company name or appropriate keywords will give you better search rankings, and will help customers to find you easily. Your domain name should be easy to spell and easy to remember.
• Choose a reliable web hosting, as it is vital for the success of your business. Reputable web hosting services will make all of your online activities simple and easy.
• Determine the purpose of your website, as well as what services and products it’s going to offer. This will form the basis of developing your website.
• Website layout and colours will say a lot about the legitimacy of your business. These are extremely important factors and shouldn’t be ignored as they contribute to the success of a business. When it comes to layout, you need to focus on aesthetics, accessibility, navigability and other functionalities. Choosing the right colours for your ecommerce website can attract customers easily and compel them to make a purchase.
• Content is always a significant factor when it comes to encouraging your customers to make purchases. Online visitors have a very short attention span and you need to create content that will grab their attention and attract them to your store.
• The importance of a site map must never be underestimated. Site maps will help your customers navigate through your ecommerce website with ease. They will also help search engines to index pages, especially those that are newly created. Site maps help you to create a well-organised website.
• Websites must be based on who your audience is and what type of website they will be interested in.
• Pop-up messages must be avoided or used minimally, as it slows down loading speed. If you are going to use them, make sure you include a close button.
• Call to action buttons such as ‘buy now’ or ‘download now’ must never be taken for granted. It is these buttons that are going to get your visitors to do what you want them to do. Make sure you use bright colours to grab your visitor’s attention easily.
• A clutter-free and colourful background will attract visitors easily. You can use patterned backgrounds, but be sure to avoid bright colours.
• Your ecommerce website should be built with a screen resolution of 1230px (width) in mind.
• Incorporating social media tools into your website is a great way to target and reach a wider audience. They will help to promote your brand and create awareness.
• In this day and age, there are hundreds of web browsers and people use various devices to shop. Your website needs to be cross-browser compatible. This means, your browser must look and work in the same way in all browsers.
• Security is an important factor that needs to be considered while creating your website. If your website doesn’t reflect trust and has no security, people will never want to shop with you.
Need Help With Building Your Ecommerce Website?
Store Express specialises in creating results-driven ecommerce websites. Contact us at Building 4 Millars Brook, Molly Millars Lane, Wokingham Berkshire RG41 2AD Telephone: 0845 050 2500 Fax: 0845 838 2701 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/ecommerce.php/447212
Article Added on Friday, April 25, 2014
|Ecommerce >> Top 50 Articles on Ecommerce|
|Category - >|