When a web site has outgrown in many ways its hosting solution then the most workable option is “virtual” web hosting. This is cost efficient as compared to setting up your own dedicated server.
In “virtual” hosting, resources are not shared with other web sites. Each website is assigned fixed amounts of available resources. So, a single site cannot utilize disproportionately all the resources.
Each website has its own operating system on the “virtual” hosting server with an isolated segment of disk space and in some cases specific hard drives on the server. So, crashes or technical problems encountered by other sites on the host server will not affect your site. Using this system you the website owner can install changes in the operating system and customize your web pages.
• Do your research well and find the near to perfect virtual host. Be sure to check referrals and blogs as well as forums for complaints.
• Read all the fine print thoroughly and ask any questions you may have before signing up. Most virtual hosting providers offer back ups of your site, technical support, e-mail addresses, a web based GUI for you to manage your settings, and a e-commerce path that will allow shopping carts and customer support as well as loyalty programs.
• Once terms and conditions are agreed upon, the hosting company will give you a login name and password, an IP address for your site, and the name of the “private directory” that is assigned to you. This is where you will upload your pages.
• Register your domain name and be sure to ensure that the DNS record specifies the DNS server of the virtual hosting company. If your site is already registered then complete the required formalities to change the DNS records with your registrar.
• Upload the pages to the virtual hosting directory.
• Test the site after 3-4 days using the IP address. Once the DNS propagates across the web you will be able to access your site using its domain.
Virtual hosting works because with the popularity of the web there exist, a bouquet of customers that need a common set of web services and technical support. So, a company that can efficiently package together several solutions which can be used by a great number of customers becomes profitable as well as popular. They offer websites an economy of costs as well as the advantage of a degree of independence.
Virtual hosting will cost around US$ 35-US$ 99 per month and more. This is much lower than the costs of running a dedicated server and therefore the ideal choice for a small to mid sized web site that has outgrown shared hosting.
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/web-hosting.php/38671
Article Added on Wednesday, February 22, 2006
|Web Hosting >> Top 50 Articles on Web Hosting|
|Category - >|