Egypt is full of surprises, and therefore it is difficult to point out which are the best ones. However, based on tourist popularity, here's a list of the top ten Egyptian attractions. Egypt has excellent facilities to cater to its tourists from all across the globe every year.
• The Egyptian Pyramids: Over 80 pyramids, situated along the banks of the Nile, preserve the mummies of the ancient Egyptian rulers. These pyramids were built over a long period of time with thousands of workers slaving away day and night to complete these wonderful structures. The Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx are two of the most famous among these. With a height of 481 feet, the Pyramid of Giza is called the 'Great Pyramid' of Egypt.
• Cairo: The capital of Egypt offers you one of the world's biggest markets known as Khan al-Khalli, selling exotic perfumes, clothes and much more. The Egyptian Museum of Antiquities is sure to amaze you with its antique collection housed in 107 halls, the most popular being the Tutankhamen gallery.
• Abu Simbel: Check out the four colossal statues of Ramses II, standing 20 m high. These statues stand at the entrance of the place.
• Karnak Temples: Several small and three major temples together attract thousands of tourists to the Karnak Temple. It is believed to have taken almost 1300 years to complete these temples. The Temple of Amun is the most famous among all the others.
• Siwa Qasis: The scenic beauty of this place is one of the most outstanding sights you will see in Egypt. Situated 60 feet below sea level, the place boasts olives and dates. Until lately, the oasis at Siwa Qasis was not accessible, a fact that has contributed to its popularity.
• Valley of the Kings: Situated in Thebes, West of the Nile, the Valley of Kings has 62 tombs of its Pharaohs. The valley is divided into East and West regions. Most of the tombs of the kings are found in the East region.
• Sharm-El-Sheikh: The white Lagoon, the Tiran Island, the Na'ama Bay, the Terrazzina Beach and the Sinai Mountains are some of the major attractions of Sharm-El-Sheikh.
• Alexandria: The Roman Amphitheatre contributes to Alexandria's enormous popularity. The Alexandria National Museum, Pompey's Pillar and the palace of King Farouk also call for a visit.
• Nubian Museum of Aswan: Some of the most amazing collections of archeological excavations are kept here.
• Luxor Temple: Situated in the city of hundred gates, Thebes, the temples welcome you with their grandeur and magnificence of architecture. The Great Hypostle Hall is one of the most popular parts of these temples.
Article Source: http://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: http://www.bharatbhasha.com/travel.php/109478
Article Added on Friday, December 12, 2008
|Travel >> Top 50 Articles on Travel|
|Category - >|