What's a better way to explain you the principle other than by a live example. I will show you in the next days up to a week how I will rank a video in the top 5 Google results for an extremely competitive keyword. I will make a video targeting the keyword "Herbalife Review" that has almost 1 million competitors.
You might be wondering why I take up the challenge against such an aggressive keyword but the answer is simple. YouTube is already ranked on the first page of Google for this keyword. So why would I spend months trying to rank my website on the first Google page? The only thing I got to do is put my video on YouTube, and make it the most popular one.
Yes I will tell you how!!!
Basically, there are 2 principles that Google use when they're ranking a page: Relevancy and Popularity. Search relevancy is measured by some complex indexing formulas where Google looks at the actual written content on a website. The search engines don't have an ability to index videos, so they sort and index videos by the brief descriptions that you see in all of the major video sites, like YouTube.
If you have understood search relevancy, Google search popularity will no be difficult. It is based on:
1. How many links lead back to your content;
2. The authority of the pages pointing back to your content. See if you could get a link coming for microsoft.com pointing back to your article. Your popularity would take a huge step ahead of everyone else.
3. How much search engine authority does the website with the promoted content have ? That's why I putted my video on YouTube, because Google give a lot of authority to YouTube.
Hope I didn't loose you ..
Have a look at my actual process of submitting video presentations that assures due popularity:
1. Submit my original video on YouTube;
2. In the author resources box of this current article I will put a link back to my video YouTube and my blog;
3. I will submit this article over hundreds of article directory to get undreds of backlinking again to my video and my blog.
4. I will use tubemogol (free) or Traffic Geyser (1 month trial) to submit my video to more than 20 other video directories, always linking back to my original video and blog post;
5. And finally, I use OnlyWire to socially bookmark my video;
For more detailed advice you can always go to recommendation section on my blog post. There you will find description of the tools I am currently using;
After I'm done, I'll have accomplished one thing - I'll have more links to my video than any other YouTube video on a similar subject. The search engines will see many of these backlinks to my video, and will perceive the video as having more value than the vast majority of other websites that are competing for the same key phrase.
Brilliant, I know...
This information is valuable enough to charge for, but you can do us both a simple favor by sharing this content with the OnlyWire button on my blog entry to help share this information across different social networks you're a part of; that way we can help your friends rank in the search engines, too. Have a great time trying this out and I will be sure to see some of your videos top ranked with SE's.
Keep in mind, this is not an over night strategy. It's not about doing six months of work in one night but about getting you to dominate a certain keyword niche and will require a consistent use of the blueprint for several months. If you dominate one small niche per day, in a year you'll have more than three hundred pages ranking in Google - how cool would that be?
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/search-engine-optimization.php/220654
Article Added on Wednesday, March 3, 2010
|SEOptimization >> Top 50 Articles on SEOptimization|
|Category - >|