How are OST files created?
If Outlook runs first time on PC then it creates crucial data files automatically. OST files get created after you start working on Outlook. The location for saving OST files are:
C:Documents and SettingsLocal SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlook
A process to create OST Files:
1. First of all click on Menu and then choose Offline work option
2. OST file in created on PC and the data from server gets copied to the OST file Choose the folder for offline usage. In most of the Deleted Items, Inbox, Outbox, Sent Items, Calendar, Contacts and Task folders get automatically created. For choosing any other folder you need to go through below mentioned steps:
3. Go to Tools menu. Then Click Send/Receive. After this, choose Send/Receive Settings and lastly choose Define Send/Receive Groups
4. You will see the list, Send/Receive group consisted of Exchange account. Press Edit
5. Under Accounts, choose Exchange account
In many unanticipated scenarios, users usually find OST files are damaged. In case of issues like mailbox deletion, Exchange crash, virus attacks etc are some of the prominent reasons causing complications with OST files. In order to cope with the OST file damage, you need to find the recovery solution as well as the conversion of OST files into PST.
Resolve the query how to open OST file in Outlook: For opening OST files into PST with ease buy OST Converter application. This is a popular third-party application for converting immense of the data from OST into PST. According to recent up gradation, the software has started supporting file formats such as VCF and VCAL.
Article Source: http://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: http://www.bharatbhasha.com/internet-and-computers.php/493104
Article Added on Tuesday, September 4, 2018
|computers and internet >> Top 50 Articles on computers and internet|
|Category - >|