While opinions vary and are really personal choices in many ways, the following sums up the functionalities between Vista and Tiger.
1. Vista has a completely redesigned look and feel; it is aesthetic, functional, and exciting according to industry sources. Mac Tiger on the other hand was always famous for its technology and aesthetics which are clean and clutter free. In fact, many of the visual effects that Vista has like translucent icons, high resolution, and animation effects have been integral to Tiger for more than four years.
2. Vista is yet to resolve problems caused by underlying windows, while Tiger has fine tuned the bleed caused by windows beneath the surface ones.
3. The 128 x 128 pixel icons of Tiger have better rendition and clearer resolution than the 32 x 32 or 64 x 64 pixel icons of Vista. However one will only know whether Vista will have resolution independent vector graphics once the final version comes to the market.
4. Both Vista and Tiger have closely similar desk top search functions. The only immediate difference is that in Tiger the filtering becomes operational only after creation of a Smart Folder or using the shortcut keys. The Virtual Folder of Vista is identical to the Smart Folder of Tiger.
5. Vista has next generation features, where the system has enough inbuilt intelligence that organizes data. This fine tunes any searches that need to be done. In comparison to this, the Tiger has an old fashioned system with no specials.
6. Vista supports meta data processing while with Tiger meta data can be created or edited only by using document processing applications.
7. Vista permits users to visually locate files while Tiger does not. Image previews in Tiger are turned off by default.
8. As far as security is concerned the Tiger is by far superior to Vista. Since the Tiger user base is small the number of hackers and attackers are fewer as compared to Windows.
9. User accounts and log ins are safer in the Tiger system and Microsoft plans to incorporate similar systems in Vista to strengthen security.
10. Vista has new systems similar to Tiger that will enable users to assert parental locks or blocks. Parental controls help limit computer usage by children protecting them from several dangers.
11. Security in Vista includes inbuilt protection against rogue attacks, malware, spyware, adware and so on. In the case of Tiger its security system has remained secure and unbreached. Whether Vista will earn the same distinction will be known only after it comes into use.
12. Both Vista and Tiger have great networking features making both immensely usable both at home and in businesses. The Tiger is simpler while Vista is a bit more complex to use.
13. The hibernation mode works instantly in Tiger and Vista is also trying to match its facilities.
While the above draws tentative comparisons between the two systems a true evaluation can only be made once Vista is released in its completed version and comes into use.
Article Source: https://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: https://www.bharatbhasha.com/internet-and-computers.php/39008
Article Added on Monday, February 27, 2006
|computers and internet >> Top 50 Articles on computers and internet|
|Category - >|