Cork flooring has been around for centuries, now it is back with a purpose. Cork flooring is enjoying a strong resurgence as more people are beginning to appreciate its environmental aspects as well as its distinctive look, feel and durability. Cork flooring has made this comeback in part to it being one of the few natural and environmentally friendly flooring products available.
While there are still several obstacles that cork flooring still must overcome, a person only has to look at the facts about cork flooring below to envision cork as a viable flooring solution in the very near future.
Let's look at the facts about cork:
1. Cork is an all-natural, environmentally sound product, harvested from the bark of the cork oak tree.
2. Cork can be harvested every nine years for the life of the tree (which can range from 100 - 250 years old) without any damage to the tree itself or the surrounding environment.
3. Cork flooring is hypo-allergenic, flame retardant, resilient, durable, lightweight and an excellent sound and thermal insulator.
4. Installation of cork flooring is comparable to the installation of hardwood flooring.
5. Cork flooring does not attract dust and is easier to maintain than carpet.
6. The pricing is comparable to a quality hardwood flooring.
7. If your one of those people that do not like to try new things first, a “follow the crowd” type, the crowd has grown leaps and bounds.
In my opinion, with all these factors taken into account, cork flooring offers the best value to consumers looking for an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional hardwood flooring.
Every day more and more people are going to cork.
Let’s all go to cork…cork flooring that is.
Article Source: http://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: http://www.bharatbhasha.com/home_improvement.php/55588
Article Added on Friday, January 26, 2007
|home improvement >> Top 50 Articles on Home Improvement|
|Category - >|