Anxiety, The Cause Of Obesity? - How To Cure Anxiety And Easily Shed Those Kilos! Would you like to learn how to cure anxiety? Do you know how much anxiety you are carrying in the form of weight? You are not alone in this predicament. As more and more people are finding it harder to cope with the stressful pace of life today, they are using food unconsciously to try and cure their anxiety.
How can you know whether anxiety is causing your ballooning weight? There is an easy way to find out. The higher your stress level, the larger your waistline, indicating that you could be suffering from chronic anxiety! Even worse, you may be unconscious as to why you can't get enough of the chocolate or crisps you keep craving!
The only way to shed the weight, once and for all, is to first recognise the underlying stress and then learn how to cure anxiety permanently! Permanent results can be achieved once you get to the root cause which is the anxiety you feel. Focusing on diet alone is not the answer.
Here are some useful,interim tips, to help you curb your anxiety without resorting to food:
1. Slow down. Remind yourself to slow down your pace, be in the moment and notice how you are feeling. This will help you gain insight into what is triggering your stress and anxiety.
2. Meditate - simply close your eyes for a few moments and just breathe. No matter where you are, if you just stop, close your eyes and get your bearings, you will feel calmer and more able to deal with the overall stress in your life. Whilst managing stress is helpful in the short-term, wouldn't you much rather learn how to cure anxiety forever?
3. Create Your Own Sanctuary - create a haven you can go to daily to find some calm. Your own oasis. Just think of a real place you have visited or imagine one. You can add any details you like that make you feel calm and happy. Imagine standing under a beautiful waterfall that is washing away all stress and helping you feel relaxed and refreshed. Take a few moments to visit this place until you feel calmer.
4. Breathe - I know it may sound ridiculous to say it, but, most of us forget to breathe. We rush around from one thing to another and it is only when we stop that we notice we are holding our breath! Take deep breaths from your stomach as often as possible during your day. Not only will you feel better, but you will become more aware of any stress you are holding and be able to release it.
5. Body Awareness - when you wake up in the morning and throughout your day, check your stomach area, your shoulders and your neck for any stress you are holding. Mentally tell those areas to relax.
Whilst the above tips can help you begin to deal with your stress, the only successful way to maintain a healthy weight is to learn how to cure anxiety in your life, permanently.
Article Source: http://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: http://www.bharatbhasha.com/health.php/250450
Article Added on Saturday, August 7, 2010
|fitness >> Top 50 Articles on fitness|
|Category - >|