Are you experiencing an unpleasant smell in your house or is there any mould growing on the frames of your window? Or, is any of your family member suffering from asthma for a longer period of time? Then it could be signs, that the Silent Killer â€˜Condensationâ€™ is conquering your home!
Living in a property that emits a damp smell with mould formation, creates an unhealthy and uncomfortable home. This â€˜condensationâ€™ problem must be sorted out immediately or it is sure damage all the plaster-works at home, the walls, windows, and even the timber frame works.
But how do you even identify, if you have a condensation problem at home?
- First of all, you must understand that Condensation does not just occur on the surface of the wall, it happens on the inside of the walls. This condensation problem is a bothersome to any building during the winter. Especially, the old houses are more susceptible to this issue.
- Conduct a proper survey with the help of the structural consultants Kwinana and find out, if any signs of suspected damp problem exist, also detect if the design or the build fosters condensation.
- Just in case, if you are looking to buy a property, a Site Structural Investigation Kwinana, can be of great help to decide as to how much should you pay to buy the property or if you should buy the property at all. This can be a real eye-opener!
The Structural Engineers in Kwinana, suggest a few solutions to overcome the problem of condensation, they are -
- If the UPVC windows do not have vents that work, get the vents fitted.
- Make sure that all the fireplaces have appropriate ventilation grills.
- Use the extractor fan in the kitchen while cooking.
- Use the extractor fan in the bathroom, whenever you bath or shower.
- Never dry clothes inside the house and keep your wardrobes ventilated, so that they do not encourage mildew.
- Let some fresh air into the house with the windows partly open. Donâ€™t keep the windows closed every time.
- Your basements should be properly vented.
- Take off some of the draught excluders from the door, it works!
- Vent the tumble dryers outside the walls, if not use the condensing dryer.
A poorly ventilated house holds the moisture in the air, which arises from cooking, cleaning the vessels, washing clothes and even from the air that we breathe. This moisture then gets condensed on the surfaces on the walls and windows, which gradually turns into mould. Most of the time, this is identified only when it is too late to recuperate, mostly after the entire house is affected! So, why wait, get a Site Structural Investigation in Kwinana today!
Article Source: http://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: http://www.bharatbhasha.com/finance-and-business.php/493663
Article Added on Monday, February 18, 2019
|Business And Finance >> Top 50 Articles on Business And Finance|
|Category - >|