- Immediately after the surgery, you will rest under the care and supervision of your dentist in their office. Get a friend or a family member to accompany and drive you after the surgery.
- During the first hour after the surgery, bite down the gauze pads firmly over the surgical site to control bleeding. If the active bleeding persists after one hour, place enough new gauze over the surgical site for another 30-60 minutes in order to obtain pressure. Change the gauze as necessary or refold it for more comfortable positioning.
- The blood clot over the surgical area forms only 8 hours after the surgery. So, be sure not to disturb this area during this healing time. Avoid activities such as rinsing vigorously or probing the area with your finger.
- Swelling of the face tissues surrounding the surgical area is common and minimise the effect using anti-inflammatory medication and ice packs. Switch from ice pack to moist heat after 48 hours to get better results.
- 36 hours after the wisdom teeth extraction, you start experiencing some degree of discomfort and pain. Begin taking the medications prescribed be your dentist before your anaesthetic has had a chance to wear off. Take your medications as directed and refrain from activities that increase blood pressure to manage pain.
- Due to the strong medications, hunger, and anxiety, you may experience nausea after the surgery. Consume a small amount of soft food to avoid nausea and drink adequate amount of water after wisdom teeth removal in Sydney to avoid dehydration.
- Before eating, wait until before your anaesthetic has had a chance to wear off. This should be followed to prevent choking or accidentally biting your tongue, lips or cheek. Eat liquids or pureed foods, such as creamed soups, puddings, plain yogurts, milkshakes, liquid meal replacements, etc. Avoid very hot foods and any smaller food items, like nuts, seeds, fruits with pectin/seeds, popcorn, etc. that can become lodged inside the surgery site.
Over the next several days, your level of comfort and tolerance will improve and can take up to 7 days before you feel comfortable eating a regular diet.
To know more about the cost of wisdom teeth removal in Sydney and its procedure, visit http://www.wisdomteethremovalsydney.com.au now.
Article Source: http://www.bharatbhasha.com
Article Url: http://www.bharatbhasha.com/finance-and-business.php/492709
Article Added on Thursday, January 25, 2018
|Business And Finance >> Top 50 Articles on Business And Finance|
|Category - >|